Thursday, October 8, 2009

Typhoon No. 18

In other news, today was the biggest, strongest typhoon in this, the Heisei era, and it was so bad that I actually got off school for it. The only thing was, it really wasn't that bad at all. I was expecting it to be like Florida in a Hurricane outside, but it was more like the wind on the cliffs in Ireland. Sure, it was blustery, and could make you veer one way or the other if it really tried, but it didn't rain for long, and mostly it was just kind of windy for a few hours and then around two, everything calmed down and it was the most gorgeous day ever. I have to say, I was disappointed. I was expecting something spectacular after all the big talk before hand, the warnings and worried faces. I've driven through worse weather. At its worst, it knocked a few signs and a few bikes over

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're okay! It was worse for some people according to Danny Choo.
    http://www.dannychoo.com/fusion/en/6286/Tokyo+Typhoon+Aftermath.html

    ReplyDelete