Sunday, October 11, 2009

Heya

So, hey there everyone. I can't really remember the last time I posted, but I hope it hasn't been that long. I went out to Tower Records today, and they have an entire floor of books in English of all sorts (Twilight, Water for Elephants, Philosophy books, Sports books, everything just like an American book store). And what's better is that they have a sizeable selection of books written by Japanese people that have been translated into English. While I was there, I got a book for school and this other book that just had me cracking up because it's so absolutely true. It's called, "You know you've been in Japan too long..." So, one that had me busting a gut was, "You know you've been in Japan too long when you started gawking at other gaijin (foreigners)," and it's so true. I mean, I've done that. So, in other news, I'm going to Disney Sea tomorrow, since it's some sort of holiday and I have the day off. Btw, if you ever want to see foreigners, just go to Shibuya after 10. You're almost hard put to find a Japanese person on the streets at that hour, but there are more than enough foreigners, me included. So, I found out that Kagrra, one of the Jrock bands I like, is going to have a small performance at Tower Records next month. I'll have to look into that and see if you need a ticket to go. I found a lot of CDs I wanted, but didn't buy any because they're all so freaking expensive. You're hard put to find a CD under 30 bucks here. So, suffice it to say, I didn't buy anything but the books. I was impressed with their selection of Visual Kei music. Compared to HMV's one, tiny corner shelf, Tower Records had a whole section on the second floor, with concerts and CDs and flyers promoting new CDs, and a really spiffy display for The Gazette's new CD down on the main floor. So anywho, that's all for now I suppose. Talk to you later

No comments:

Post a Comment